Resources for reflection on issues of our day
Some of the issues we are concerned about are:
Analysis of causes for understanding contributing factors towards economic poverty
- 350.org is a global movement working to solve the climate crisis
- Charter for Compassion – Connecting communities and organizations to grow a global movement of compassionate action
- Coal Action Network Aotearoa – keep the coal in the hole
- The Earth Charter is a universal expression of ethical principles to foster sustainable development.
- Earthlink – encouraging deep bonding with earth
- Environmental and Conservation Organisations of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Genesis Farm a Dominican farm in New Jersey … fostering Earth literacy and Transition culture
- Looking forward to Pope Francis’ encyclical on ecology and climate change – an article from Margaret Galiardi
- Booklet Euthanasia – Myths+Facts Sept 15 – NZ Catholic Bishops
- Writing a submission on Euthanasia AS– a guide to writing a submission
- The Catholic Bishops Welcome Terms of Reference for Inquiry into Ending of Life.
- The Nathaniel Report is the NZ Catholic Bioethics Centre. Check their website for articles and information or join their Facebook Group.
- The Euthanasia Debate (NZ) is an organisation that is attempting to educate the NZ public, including MPs about this Euthanasia. Visit their website. Sign the petition. online.
- David Richmond has been a physician in Geriatrics care throughout his medical career. He is presently Emeritus Professor of Geriatric Medicine and a Palliative care Specialist. He is also the Founder and Chairman of the HOPE Foundation for Research on Ageing. David is a committed Christian. For a short, clear and recent interview with David see the following video. For something by David in print form available on the website of the Methodist Church of New Zealand/Te Haahi Weteriana O Aotearoa, see this article.
- Dr Sinead Donnelly is a specialist in palliative medicine in Wellington. She made a short film about her work with the dying.
Fracking (Hydraulic Fracturing)
- We recommend Jacqui Ryan’s article (after clicking, scroll down the newsletter until you reach the fracking article)
- NZ Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment – Interim Report
- Explanation of what fracking is from Food and Water Watch
- NZ Network Against People Trafficking
- Stop the Traffick Aotearoa-New Zealand
- ECPAT Child Alert
- Stop Demand
- Healthy Housing
- Monte Cecilia Housing Trust
- Nuns: State leaves homes empty as hundreds wait
- NZ Council of Christian Social Services
Inter-generational unemployment and it’s impact on families
ISIS’s War on Religious Minorities
Sister Diana Momeka from Dominican Sisters of St. Catherine of Siena, Mosul, Iraq speaks out:
dom srs of iraq HHRG-114-FA00-Wstate-MomekaS-20150513 (1)
Mission and Justice
Recognition of Parihaka
- Caritas Aotearoa Appeal
- The New Zealand response to a Climate Change Refugee
Teen/Child Suicide and value of children in Society
Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation on the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Pat Neuwelt speaking out on the TTPA
- It’s our future website
- The Common Good The Common Good – Saying No to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (shared with permission from The Common Good)
- Dale Williams, Mayor of Otorohonga shares his creative and practical approach to training and employment for young people.
If you have articles and links to share please send these to us.